22 international students enjoyed simple Japanese cooking with Japanese volunteers.
Date: June 22 (Sat) 10:00-14:00
– “Teriyaki” chicken * halal meat used
– Vegetable miso soup “Kenchin-jiru”
– Rice ball “Onigiri”
– Fresh cucumber and tomato with salt “Shio-momi”
– Sweet potato dessert “Chakin”
Place: Cooking Room at Midorigaoka Bunka Kaikan, Meguro-ku
|Voice of international students
- The cooking class was very well planned. The venue was also very good. All the volunteers were very helpful and the acquired raw materials were of very good quality. All in all, a very satisfying experience!
- Overall, it was good – it was well-organised and it was one of the few activities that I know of since coming to Japan that catered for Muslim people. A lot of dishes were made and the organisers provided us with all the utensils and the ingredients. It was really well-organised..
- There are a lot of simple recipes that I have learned. It’s easy to cook them by myself at home. I learned a lot from this activity!
- I have taken part in 2 of MIFA activities as of yet. I found both of them to be very well managed and planned. Everything is on schedule and all the volunteers are very friendly and helpful. I just hope that MIFA goes on carrying much more variety of activities for International Students to take part in and feel at home with in Japan.
- I appreciated the “Halal” option in the menu.